The Web Poetry Corner
The Web Poetry Corner
Rules for Poets
We are publishers, we are not literary critics. If you want to talk with someone about your poems, you can do so by joining a chat group or news group made especially for you to meet people who share your interests We do NOT give critical assessments about your poetry. If you want to contact the poets use the email address you can find on his or her page. Messages directed to the poets which arrive at our mailbox will NOT be forwarded to the authors of poems.
If you want to submit poems to be published on these pages, use the link found at the bottom of this page and fill out the form for submission of poems. If your poem is accepted, it is our job to convert your files in HTLM and add hyperlinks. Create your document in the form that you would like to be displayed, but DO NOT send documents created with the Word processor. DO NOT send files consist exclusively of text "in all caps" Remember that the finished appearance of the page depends on HTML display properties. We try to maintain the appearance of the pages as much as possible. If you are writing in a language that requires a special viewer to see the characters properly, tell us where to get it (if you know!). No poetry will be published without the author's name (which need not be your real name), e-mail address (which must be valid) and location (city, state and country). Here's a summary of our rules.
- Poems in "ALL CAPS", consisting only of text in capital letters, MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED. "ALL CAPS" on the internet means shouting or extreme emphasis. So please do not enter your title in "ALL CAPS", i.e. a banner characters, except that you do not want to COMMUNICATE that the title is a SPECIAL.
- The ellipsis ("..."), i.e. Three dots in succession indicate a pause, the omission of a word or a phrase or a continuation. Use it CORRECTLY. Please don't add extra dots!
- Check your spelling. ALL the errors will be considered voluntary and will not be corrected. A possible exception are simple typos but DO NOT count on us to notice and correct even these obvious errors.
- If your poetry is presented in a language that needs accents (e.g. French), make sure you have used the appropriate characters.
- You MUST include your NAME and LOCATION on each submission. Remember, besides you, there are hundreds of other people in The Web Poetry Corner, perhaps some with the same name...but maybe not the same location. After the very first submission, use the form on your home page, which will fill in the proper values for these.
- DO NOT use pseudonyms consisting by a single word such as "Bill" or "Mary," which are very common names. If you want to write using a pseudonym, choose a name that is different from all others.
- You can include am image on your page. The image or logo must be sent in a format decipherable by a computer (GIF,JPG, TIF,etc.). Many photo shops have equipment to scan photos into computer-readable form.
- We WILL NOT PUBLISH POETRY WITHOUT A valid email address ... or at least that is valid at the time of publication, since we send a feedback copy to that address.
- The mere submission of your poetry, along with your name and location establishes your copyright. Please do NOT include an additional copyright notice.
- While the submission of poetry has been free for over a decade, we must charge a small fee ($5 US) for changes requested after publication including any changes, deletions, etc., since these must be done by hand. This does NOT include changes to email addresses, which will be doen for free.
To submit your poetry, click HERE .
If you wish to make a comment or a suggestion about our site, you can contact us at:
...the best independent ISP in the Twin Cities